Havid Ardi, S.Pd., M.Hum. is one of the lecturers at English Department of FBS UNP. He teaches Translation, Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL), Listening Comprehension, Intensive Course, Speaking, etc. He is interested in translation studies and computer assisted language learning in advanced technology development. He has blog that can be visited at callhavid as his first blog. He took bachelor degree from FBSS Universitas Negeri Padang (2002) in ELT. Then he took master degree of Translation Studies at Universitas Sebelas Maret and finished in 2010. Currently, he is taking doctoral program also at the Universitas Sebelas Maret in translation studies.
Since his interest in translation studies and the use of technology in language teaching, he usually becomes interpreter in his campus and conducts community services as instructor in CALL training (i.e. Sawahlunto, Padangpanjang, Lubuk Basung, Bangko, etc). Beside teaching, he was appointed as head of CALL Laboratory (2008-2015) and Coordinator for Students’ Final Project (2010-2015) at English English Department. He was appointed as Vice Rector Assistant for Partnership and Assets Affairs (2012-2015). For more details can be seen at sipeg unp.
Some of his publication, paper and researches.
- Jufrizal, Zul Amri, Havid Ardi. (2018). Konstruksi Gramatikal Bahasa Minangkabau: Kemasan Makna, Fungsi, dan Nilai Bahasa. ISBN: 978-602-5715-01-3. Yogyakarta: Erhaka Utama.
- Ardi, Havid. 2016. The Impact of Translation Techniques toward the Quality of Translation: A case study on a social text. Humanus: Jurnal Ilmiah Ilmu-ilmu Humaniora. Vol 15 No. 2. 2016. pp. 142-153. (A DOAJ Indexed journal).
- Ardi, Havid; Nababan, M.R.; Djatmika; Santosa. R. (2016). “Politeness strategy in Indonesian Translation: Has it already changed?” Proceeding of paper presented in PRASASTI International Seminar, Solo, August 2-3, 2016.
- Ardi, Havid. (2015a).”Penerjemahan Pagar dalam Novel To Kill a Mockingbird” Paper presented in National Seminar of Prasasti, Solo, 2015.
- Ardi, Havid. (2015b). Pengantar Penerjemahan (Introduction to Translation). ISBN: 978-602-1650-70-7. Padang: Sukabina Press. (2015)
- Ardi, Havid. (2015c).”Cross Cultural Awareness in Translation” Proceeding of paper presented in International seminar on Languages and Arts (ISLA) 4, Padang 2015.
- Jufrizal; Zaim, M; Ardi, Havid. (2015). Tipologi Bahasa Minangkabau. Padang: FBS UNP Press.
- Ardi, Havid. (2014). “Character Building through Translation: Mission Impossible?” Proceeding of paper presented in International Seminar on Languages and Arts (ISLA) 3, Padang 2014.
- Ardi, Havid. (2013).“The Translation of Military Register in the War Movie Subtitle” Proceeding of paper presented in International Seminar on Languages and Arts (ISLA) 2, Padang, 5-6 October 2013.
- Ardi, Havid. (2013). Penerjemahan Register pada subtitle film “The Great Raid”. Lingua Didaktika. Vol. 7 No. 1 Edisi Desember Tahun 2013.
- Ardi, Havid. (2012). Is Theory of Translation Needed to Build Students’ Translation Competence?” Proceeding of paper presented in Padang, 2012.
- Ardi, Havid. (2010). Multimedia …. Research Funded by I-Mhere Project, 2010.
- Ardi, Havid. (2010). Teknik Penerjemahan Buku “Asal-Usul Elite Minangkabau Modern: Respons terhadap Kolonial Belanda Abad”. Proceeding of paper Presented in Malang, 2010.
- Ardi, Havid. (2009). “Nasionalisme & Gender dalam Penerjemahan: Ideologi dalam Penerjemahan”. Lingua Didaktika. Padang: Jurusan Bahasa dan Sastra Inggris FBSS UNP. 2009
- Ardi, Havid. (2009). “Internet-based Activities in Developing Students’ English Skills”. Presented in the International seminar hosted by Indonesian English Teacher Association. 2009.
- Ardi, Havid. (2009). “Kategori Penerjemahan Lisan: Suatu Tinjauan Ulang” Kalamistic Padang: Fakultas Adab IAIN Imam Bonjol Padang, 2009.
- Ardi, Havid. (2006). English for Nursing, Padang: Balai Bahasa UNP, 2006.
- Ardi, Havid. (2005). Speaking 1. Padang: Jurusan Bahasa dan Sastra Inggris FBSS UNP, 2005
- Ardi, Havid. (2006). “Gaya Belajar Siswa SMA N 7 Padang,” Jurnal Bahasa dan Seni Padang: FBSS Universitas Negeri Padang, 2006.